Coastal Design Guidelines Review
Visitors and residents enjoy the Bondi to Coogee Coastal Walk. Photo by: Don Fuchs, NSW DPIE.
The NSW Coastal Design Guidelines promote best-practice for coastal urban design and development.
Project partners are updating the guidelines with new understanding in urban development.They will show how development can be more sensitive to natural coastal environments.
The updated guidelines will also help urban planners with:
- assessing the impact of existing infrastructure on surrounding waterways
- making decisions about how to reduce negative impacts of existing infrastructure
- identifying ways to reactivate or re-purpose disused infrastructure
Department of Planning, Industry and Environment - Planning and Assessment
The focus of this action is statewide, including all local government areas in the NSW marine estate.
Our partners include:
- Local Government
- Department of Planning, Industry and Environment - Environment, Energy and Science
- Department of Planning, Industry and Environment - Water
- Department of Primary Industries - Fisheries
- Natural Resources Access Regulator
Phoebe Laing, Project Officer, NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment
Page last updated/reviewed: 24 Aug 2020