The ten-year Marine Estate Management Strategy is in its fourth year, with $30.7 million allocated to support the delivery of over 100 projects in 2021 to 2022.
The Strategy Implementation Plan 2021-22 (PDF, 11744.94 KB) outlines:
- the projects underway
- the agencies and partners delivering those projects
- when and where the projects will be delivered.
The projects are managed under nine initiatives.
Our partners in the delivery of the actions
Achieving outcomes continues to depend on strong collaboration across government, business, land managers, interest groups and the community.
Strategy program management
Dedicated program management staff ensure transparent, effective and efficient management and implementation of the Strategy. These staff coordinate a consistent approach across MEMA agencies for multiples processes including:
- stakeholder engagement and communication
- risk management
- budget management
- monitoring and evaluation
- regular reporting.
Progress is monitored to ensure:
- management actions and projects are effective
- information is collected to fill knowledge gaps
- lessons learnt are used to improve the next stages of implementation.
Progress and performance will be reported on the marine estate website and in triannual snapshots and an annual report.